How It Works
We have evolved our systems to surpass Government requirements to make sure our customers are safe and parents are assured.
If your child is allergic to one of the 13 main allergens our systems will block dishes containing that allergen/s to ensure no mistakes are made.
HOW IT WORKS
- Parents login and tick the allergens that their child suffers from
- The system pro-actively blocks choices containing the allergen/s
- Children and parents can order with confidence
- Supplier API links mean changes to ingredients in the supply chain that could introduce an allergen, resulting in appropriate orders being cancelled and instantly alerts the parent and cook
- The child’s allergens are shown to the cook on the touchscreen at the hotplate, as well as displaying any mains, sides or puddings that the child cannot have.
- No allergens are allowed on the salad bar and we operate as a nut free company
Parents can notify the school office of their child’s dietary requirements, whether religious or medical and these are noted on the system. At the hotplate, the system will tell the cook the child’s name and any dietary requirements to ensure the wrong food item is not given to the child.
Vegetarian options are always catered for in addition to the meat or fish choice. We will also be mindful of accompaniments and ensure to vary vegetables and starchy accompaniments to ensure a balance of vitamins and minerals.
All our 1000+ recipes are available online through our website for parents to view and check. We encourage parents to try out our recipes at home and give us feedback. The information includes ingredient quantities, cooking instructions, nutritional breakdown and allergen information.
We provide a diabetic feature on our system to make ordering simple for parents of pupils with diabetes. Further to the nutritional analysis of each dish, the diabetic feature will show the carb count of each dish at a glance when viewing the menu.