Slow Cooker Beef Ragu with Gnocchi
Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 6-8 hours Serves: 8 People
1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
6 x Cloves of Garlic, peeled, and smashed slightly
650g Beef Chunks (Any stewing steak will do)
65ml Beef Stock (Reduced Salt)
1 Carrot, Peeled, chopped
2x 400g Can of Chopped Tomatoes
2 x Sprigs of fresh Thyme
2 x Bay Leaves
Cheese & Parsley to garnish.
- Season beef with 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper, set aside.
- In a small frying pan, bring the pan to a medium high heat, add a splash of oil and cook the garlic, remembering to stir until it has browned or gone a golden colour.
- Next Transfer beef, tomatoes, bay, thyme, beef stock, carrot, and then garlic to a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 6. Before serving, shred the beef with two forks and discard the herbs.
- Cook pasta or gnocchi to packet instructions, drain, then tumble with the beef ragu. Serve with any cheese you have in the fridge and some parsley. Great with a big sideful of stem broccoli.