January is the perfect time to try some veggie evening meal recipes with it being ‘Veganuary’. So we have selected a vegan recipe that is already very popular with the children across the schools we serve…something that everyone can enjoy.
Add to that, as it’s the month where we are all having to cut-back on spending after an expensive December, a bulk recipe that can be spread over 2 or even 3 weeks might just be the financial help we could all benefit from right now!
Simply freeze what you don’t use up the next week.
Coconut, Lentil and Chickpea Curry: 10 Portions
Garlic Cloves 1 piece
Tomatoes, Chopped (tinned) 400g
Chickpeas in water 400g
Ground Cumin 7g
Ginger (ground) 3g
Mild Chilli Powder 3g
Coconut milk 200ml
Coriander (fresh) 7g
Curry Powder 3g
Vegetable Flavour Bouillon Paste 7g
Boiling water 133ml
Red Lentils 267g
Whole Carrots 133g
- Dice onions, and carrots.
- Heat oil in a suitable pan, fry onions until lightly browned
- Add chickpeas and lentils, stir around the pan 1-2 mins.
- Stir in spices
- Add Veg stock. Stir and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Mix in chopped tomatoes, bring to the boil and turn to a simmer
- Mix in the coconut milk and bring back to the boil, reduce and simmer for 20 mins
- When lentils feel cooked through, stir in the spinach and serve.