Newall Green Primary School is a large multi ethnicity school in Wythenshawe, a low-income area of Manchester. When we initially spoke to the school they had recently stopped sending out a satellite service to two locals schools, as well as the cessation of a service during the summer holidays to a community centre, which had recently shut down.
The school wanted to:
- Retain the current staffing levels to avoid the workforce losing hours.
- Ensure every child got what they wanted, whilst accounting for the very high number of children coming in late with no pre-order.
- Introduce Food for Life Silver to help the local economy and increase the food offer to pupils and parents
- Offer food education and engagement to pupils and parents and involve the wider community
- Increase the uptake
- Brighten up the service area for the pupils
- Give the school flexibility and creative input to their service and maintain a direct link to the owners of the business
- To have a rebate per meal served to assist towards kitchen upkeep and the school budget.
All of this was achieved at Newall Green and the improvements well received by pupils, parents and school alike. We have also been able to lower our price per meal over the life of the contract due to higher uptake in the service.
Visit the contact us page to fill in the handy contact form and one of our friendly team members will be in touch to help. Alternatively you can contact our Customer Care team on 01942 707709.
Why not also visit us on Twitter @Dolce_Catering for even more updates and news direct from our HQ and kitchen teams.